Our website uses  cookies for statistical purposes.

  • Joop Geesinkweg 841, 1114 AB, Amsterdam, Netherlands 
  • office[at]immigration-netherlands[dot]com
  • +31630863933
Our Articles

Moving to the Netherlands from Bahrain

Moving to the Netherlands from Bahrain

Individuals who want to move to the Netherlands from Bahrain need a visa in order to legally enter the country. If you want to stay in the Netherlands for more than three months, you will need an Authorization for temporary stay.  Bahrain citizens who want to stay in the Netherlands for 90 days or less have to apply for a short-stay Schengen visa. There are specific conditions you need to satisfy if you want to live and work in the Netherlands. Our immigration lawyer in Netherlands  can provide detailed information on the matter.

Applying for an authorization for temporary stay in the Netherlands

Also known as Provisional Residence Permit (MVV), this type of visa is compulsory for any Bahrain citizen relocating to the Netherlands. You need to undergo the Entry and Residence Procedure (TEV) which consists of a MVV and a residence permit at the same time. A sponsor in the Netherlands has to start the TEV procedure; you cannot do it on your behalf. The sponsor fills in the application and submits it, alongside the requested documents, to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) of the Ministry of Security and Justice in the Netherlands. Your application is assessed by the IND which verifies if you and your sponsor meet all the legal requirements and if you have the right documents to support the application. The assessment procedure may last up to 90 days. Note that there is no Dutch embassy in Bahrain and the immigration process can be handled by one of our immigration consultants.

Our immigration lawyer in Netherlands can help you apply for a provisional residence permit in this country.

Bahrain citizens working in the Netherlands

Moving from Bahrain to the Netherlands is a complex process which usually involves finding a job in order to sustain oneself in a new country. There are several types of work you can carry out in the Netherlands:

•    Work in paid employment – this requires a work permit called Single Permit. It is obtained alongside the Provisional Residence Permit, which entitles a Bahrain citizen to stay and work in the Netherlands;
•    Seasonal worker – in the agricultural sector, tourism or catering industry. You can be employed in seasonal working in the Netherlands for no more than 24 weeks. Your employer has to be a company, an organization or a Dutch branch of a foreign company established in the Netherlands;
•    Employee in the Asian catering industry – you are going to work as a cook in an Asian restaurant, at a job level 4 to 6. Your employer is the applicant for the work permit;
•   Spiritual counselor – your employer has to apply for a single permit. You need to pass the civic integration examination in Bahrain and make sure your religious or philosophical organization is a legal entity.

If you want more information regarding the types of work available or the permits you need in order to legally work in this country, please contact ourimmigration lawyer in Netherlands.